Target audience: Kenneth entering early adulthood and aged 21 years celebrating his birthday
Specific Purpose Statement: Early adulthood includes a stage where an individual makes an important decision that affects the future a statement of what you want your audience to do when you finish your speech.
Main point/thesis statement: Despite the early adulthood stage remaining a stage of good health, it is associated with an increased number of violent deaths and deaths related to cardiovascular and some cancers. Therefore, an individual must make the right decisions to ensure a successful future.
The introduction should be written out word for word. Use complete sentences in your outline. The introduction should include the following:
1. Attention getter;
The five leading causes of early adulthood deaths included non-intentional injury deaths such as accidents, suicide, homicide, heart illnesses and cancer. The highest number of violent deaths is evident among males who are thrice more likely to die from car accidents than women (Tyler, 2020).
2. Preview of the speech;
Early adulthood is associated with various benefits and advantages because it is a stage where one enjoys good health and limited physician visits. It is also a phase where one is at the prime of their life (Lumen, n.d). However, it is a stage with increased rates of violent deaths including homicides, suicides and accidents and deaths related to cardiovascular and cancer resulting from poor eating habits (Tyler, 2020).
3. Establish the credibility and goodwill of the speaker: The speaker intends to use books from credible authors to support the information included in the speech
transition: Now that Kenneth is celebrating his birthday, he must recognize that he has left the teenage stage and entered the early adulthood stage. No one wants to see him act like a teenager. He must recognize the benefits and risks of entering into the new stage of adulthood.
I. Early adulthood is full of health
A. Subpoint: Early adulthood is a stage of peak physical health. I see students running up and down, having fun and engaging in physical activities without getting exhausted.
1. Sub-subpoint: The early adulthood phase is in the 20s and mid-40s when one is at optimal physiological development. During this stage, the body has fully grown, but the brain continues to develop (Lumen, n.d). Physically, one remains at the peak of their life because the lung abilities, reproductive systems, strength and motor capabilities function maximally (Tyler, 2020).
2. Sub-subpoint: How many times have you visited a doctor? Iâ€™m sure you cannot recall. And your grandmother, can you recall the many times she has visited a physician? Iâ€™m sure she does that frequently. The stage is associated with limited visits to the doctors and where one enjoys good health. Studies indicate that in America, grown-ups aged 18 to 44 years possess the lowest rate of physician visits compared to the older and young age population (Tyler, 2o20). Studies indicate that habits developed in the twenties remain connected to some health issues that occur in middle age. Therefore, it is critical to develop healthy habits during the early adulthood to enjoy a healthy life including maintaining the expected body mass index, increased physical exercise, moderate consumption of alcohol, a healthy diet and smoke-free life (Lumen, n.d).
transition: Despite the advantages connected to early adulthood, the stage is linked to increased risks that can cause early deaths due to anti-social behaviours, unintentional injuries and diseases related to an unhealthy lifestyle.
II. Despite the health enjoyed at this stage, some risky behaviours can result in health conditions
A. Subpoint: How many friends do you know to suffer from obesity and are overweight? The leading cause of death among people aged fifteen to twenty-four years and twenty-five and thirty-four years in the U.S. resulted from homicide, accidents and suicide. Moreover, cancer and heart disease led to some deaths (Tyler, 2020).
B. Subpoint: Tyler (2020) claims that obesity remains a health concern and in 2012, 71 per cent of people aged 20 and more remained overweight and 40 per cent remained obese in 2016.
1. Sub-subpoint: People in their twenties have a higher likelihood of adding weight because an average individual gains approximately two pounds yearly from early adulthood to middle adulthood (Tyler, 2020).
a. Sub-sub-subpoint: Obesity occurs due to various elements including genetics, behaviour and environment. Societal elements are marketing promotion, education, culture, and physical activity setting. Behaviours that lead to obesity are medication use, physical activity and diet (Winpenny, 2020)
b. Sub-sub-subpoint: Lumen (n.d) states that obesity remains a major cause of death in America and is linked to increased medical costs. Individuals with obesity have a higher likelihood of developing health conditions including Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart illness, mental conditions, some cancers, breathing issues, osteoarthritis and stroke. The illnesses can lead to early death.
transition: Moreover, the risks that face individuals in early adulthood include injuries from accidents, homicides and suicide
III. Do you abuse alcohol or engage in alcoholism? This is for you Ken because early adulthood is connected to alcoholism and substance abuse
A. Subpoint: Alcohol abuse during this stage is evident and approximately 88,000 individuals die from alcohol-connected causes yearly (Tyler, 2020).
1. Sub-subpoint: According to Tyler (2020), beige drinking lead to adverse safety and health risks such as injuries, sexual assaults, and arrests for driving when drunk and careless driving which leads to increased accidents. Among college students, alcohol results in sexual assault and rape which lead to a negative perception of the victim. Some of my friends have lost their lives through careless driving and it hurts.
2. Sub-subpoint: Tyler (2020) states that beige drinking among college students includes limited interaction with adults including parents, coping stressors, availability of alcohol, lack of time management and inconsistent application of drinking policies.
B. Subpoint: Lumen (n.d) states that substance abuse peaks at the age of nineteen to twenty-two years. Twenty-five per cent of smoke cigarettes, seventy per cent use cocaine, and thirty-three per cent use marijuana.
1. Sub-subpoint: Substance abuse impairs judgment, changes mood, and minimizes inhibition resulting in harmful behaviours. As a result, the victim may engage in careless driving, which may lead to suicidal thoughts or even suicide, and violent altercations (Lumen, n.d).
2. Sub-subpoint: Substance abuse leads to risky sexual behaviours. As a result, one can become infected with sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies (Tyler, 2020)
3. Sub-subpoint: To the ladies in the house. Soon you will enter into relationships and become mothers. Substance abuse can result in a teratogenic impact on the developing fetus and embryo if an individual is pregnant (Tyler, 2020).
C. Subpoint: Adulthood is a stage where one must develop appropriate habits including health habits to prevent the risks associated with the stage
transition: Therefore, as you turn 21 years, remember you are at a stage associated with many benefits as well as many risks. As a result, you must make the right choices from the beginning as your decisions will determine your future adulthood life
1. Review your main points;
In conclusion, despite the early adulthood stage remaining a stage of good health, it is associated with an increased number of violent deaths and deaths related to cardiovascular and some cancers. Therefore, an individual must make the right decisions to ensure a successful future. It is a phase where one is at the prime of their life. Early adulthood is connected to increased obesity rates leading to a health conditions. Therefore, it is critical to developing healthy habits during early adulthood to enjoy a healthy life including maintaining the expected body mass index, increased physical exercise, moderate consumption of alcohol, a healthy diet and smoke-free life.
2. Make a memorable statement
Early adulthood is an enjoyable stage where you attain your goals and make life decisions. But remember, by the time one reaches thirty years, the ageing process begins. However, it should not worry you if you made the right decisions while in your twenties.
Lumen. (n.d ). Physical Development in Early Childhood. https://courses.lumenlearning.com/wm-lifespandevelopment/chapter/physical-development-in-early-adulthood-2/
Tyler, S. (2020). Human Behavior and the Social Environment. Pressbooks. https://uark.pressbooks.pub/hbse1/chapter/physical-development-in-early-adulthood_ch_22/
Winpenny, E., Winkler, M., Stochl, J., Van Sluijis, E., Larson, N., & Neumark, S. D. (2020). Associations of Early Adulthood Life Transitions with Changes in Fast Food Intake: A Latent Trajectory Analysis. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 17(130). https://ijbnpa.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12966-020-01024-4#citeas
Essay Writing Service Features
Our ExperienceNo matter how complex your assignment is, we can find the right professional for your specific task. Global Assignment is an essay writing company that hires only the smartest minds to help you with your projects. Our expertise allows us to provide students with high-quality academic writing, editing & proofreading services.
Free revision policy$10
Free bibliography & reference$8
Free title page$8
How Our Essay Writing Service Works
First, you will need to complete an order form. It's not difficult but, in case there is anything you find not to be clear, you may always call us so that we can guide you through it. On the order form, you will need to include some basic information concerning your order: subject, topic, number of pages, etc. We also encourage our clients to upload any relevant information or sources that will help.Complete the order form
Once we have all the information and instructions that we need, we select the most suitable writer for your assignment. While everything seems to be clear, the writer, who has complete knowledge of the subject, may need clarification from you. It is at that point that you would receive a call or email from us.Writer’s assignment
As soon as the writer has finished, it will be delivered both to the website and to your email address so that you will not miss it. If your deadline is close at hand, we will place a call to you to make sure that you receive the paper on time.Completing the order and download